LAMSIG is happy to announce funding for a roving reporter to attend the main IATEFL Conference in Brighton in April 2018 on our behalf and help us report and document the various Leadership and Management talks, workshops, and events.
Duties of Roving Reporter
The roving reporter will be expected to attend and participate in a number of LAMSIG related events at the conference, and record – in some way – a number of those events. In particular the expectations are that he/she will
- Attend the LAMSIG/TDSIG joint PCE – take photos, write up the day for the newsletter
- Attend the LAMSIG Showcase day – take photos, write up for a blog on our site
- Attend at least 4 other LAM focussed talks/workshops – write up 2 (or more) for the blog
- Provide photos to coordinator for website use
- Keep social media channels (twitter/facebook) updated live from the conference
Details will be negotiated between the successful applicant and the LAMSIG committee. Articles and media will be used by LAMSIG on their website and any LAMSIG publications.
- Free access to the PCE
- Free conference registration
- Reimbursement of up to £800 (upon submission of receipts)* for travel and accommodation costs
*Please note: Unfortunately LAMSIG cannot pay up front for tickets and accommodation, and can only reimburse on presentation of receipts. We apologise for this.
To apply you must:
- Watch the video here from last year’s conference and write a review of 400-500 words for a blog style post which would give somebody who hadn’t attended (or viewed) that talk, an overview of the talk and the key points from it. https://iatefl.britishcouncil.org/2017/session/creating-quality-assurance-programme-elt
- Submit a statement stating
1. who you are
2. how attending the conference will benefit you personally
3. how you will disseminate your learning from the conference in your local ESL/EFL
The application form, where the above tasks can be submitted, can be found at this link
The submission deadline is 18.00 (UK time) on Tuesday 23rd January, 2018. Early submissions are very welcome. Late submissions will not be accepted. We hope to announce the winner on or before February 2nd, 2018
Any questions related to this funding opportunity should be addressed to email@example.com. All applicants will be contacted by February 2nd.