About the SIG
What are our aims?
- To raise awareness among the ELT profession of management issues.
- To contribute to the development of good management practices within ELT.
- To provide a forum for the discussion of management issues that affect our profession.
- To provide opportunities for, and information about, relevant management training.
- To help improve quality standards in ELT.
What benefits do we offer?
The Newsletter. This comes out 3 times a year and includes book and software reviews as well as a wide range of articles. Recent topics have included management training and development, business and ethics, budget planning, ISO 9000, action research, motivation, the internet and personal investment plans.
Workshops. These usually last a day. Topics covered have included personnel management, motivation and decision-making, managing conflict, quality, time management and strategic planning.
Conferences. The ELT Leadership & Management Programme: The SIG organises a management programme of five or six ELT management related sessions at the annual IATEFL conference. Pre-Conference Event: The SIG frequently holds a PCE (pre-conference event), a whole day event with well-known speakers and workshops and networking opportunities on the day before the annual conference proper begins. AGM and Open Forum: Also at the annual conference the SIG holds their AGM at the SIG Open Forum. This is an opportunity to meet others with an interest in ELT management and to talk about the work of the SIG. The Open Forum and all the sessions on the SIG Programme are open to SIG members and non-members. International Conference: Once every two years the SIG holds an international conference outside the UK.