Next LAMSIG events:
This page contains details of all upcoming confirmed LAMSIG events
PCE 2017: Ethical and Effective Recruitment and Induction
See below for details
For upcoming webinars, please go to the webinar page
Ethical and Effective Recruitment and Induction
One of the key roles of the manager is recruiting the right staff – and for academic managers this will usually mean recruiting effective teachers who fit well into the organisational culture. There are many stages to this process – all the way through from initially identifying an organisational need to providing appropriate orientation to the person hired.
In this interactive workshop we will look at some of the key – and perhaps most difficult – parts of this process:
- Attracting the best teachers
- Ensuring you have a non-discriminatory recruitment policy that works in practice
- Obtaining the essential information from candidates at the application stage
- Providing candidates with the necessary information about the job
- Interviewing – both face to face and at a distance – ensuring that interview criteria, questions and tasks help you select the right candidates
- Induction – providing staff with the best possible information about the post, the organisation and the professional support and resources available.
Participants can expect to challenge the way they currently conduct the recruitment and induction process and take away new ideas or practices to improve how their LTO operates in this area.
Loraine Kennedy is now based in Berlin running her own educational training, coaching and consultancy services, after five years as Centre Manager of Bell International Institute in London
Marek Kiczkowiak is originally from Poland and has lived and taught in many places – England, Spain, Costa Rica and the Netherlands to name a few, and is currently studying for his PhD at York University. He is the founder of TEFL Equity Advocates
George Pickering is an educational coach, trainer and consultant. He has delivered training and seminars in over 60 countries throughout the world. He is the editor of the LAMSIG newsletter and academic director of the DELTM
Josh Round - is Director of Studies at St Giles International London Central, and enjoys the process of quality management, ensuring excellent study experiences for international students, and the challenge to continuously improve the teaching team, and develop himself.
For a full timetable of the day, please download this PDF file: Glasgow 2017 PCE timetable